It is the mission of the Suffield Police Department to safeguard life and property in partnership with the community. We strive to do so with honor and integrity, while conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards.
Our partnership with you is what binds us, encourages us, and energizes us to serve you. As we move forward, you will see that we are a progressive police agency embracing modern police practices and a community policing philosophy to improve our level of service. We believe this can be accomplished by working with you to prevent crime, solve problems, make arrests, and improve the quality of life in our community. Becoming one with our neighborhood(s) improves police service while enhancing crime prevention efforts to ensure a safe community for all.
Chief Richard D. Brown
Bazaar & Raffle Applications
In accordance with Public Act No. 14-24 An Act Concerning Bazaars and Raffles; the State of Connecticut as of October 1, 2014, has revised the law for processing applications and has revised the Bazaar and Raffle applications themselves.
The following procedural changes for Bazaar and Raffle applications will be implemented on October 1, 2014:
- Initial application intake will be Department of Consumer Protection [DCP]
- Applications should not be accepted at the municipal office
- DCP will collect their portion of the fee and qualify the Bazaar/Raffle
- DCP approved permit will be mailed to the municipality with the name and date of birth of each Designated Active Member for your approval
- DCP will notify the applicant that the permit is to be picked up at the municipality
- Municipality will collect their portion of the fee and issue the permit to the applicant
- Municipality will no longer have signed Verified Statements
Applicants can be downloaded from the Department of Consumer Protection's website at ct.gov/dcp. Please do not use old applications. If you should have questions or concerns, contact the email@example.com.
Please take note: "Teacup" Raffles and "50/50" Raffles are bazaar activities and require a bazaar application.
Pistol Permit Applications
The state of Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection no longer provides pre-printed pistol permit applications nor will the pre-printed applications be available at your local police department.
To request additional enforcement of traffic regulations in a particular location within Suffield:
- Download, print and complete Citizen Request for Traffic Enforcement form
- Please be very specific when providing location, dates, times and directions of travel
- Present completed form to the Public Safety Dispatcher on-duty at Suffield Police Headquarters
- Completed form will be assigned case number and forwarded to Patrol Division for assignment (as service volume and criminal caseloads permit)
To request modifications of traffic control devices, markings and/or signage on roadways within the Town of Suffield:
- Complete Roadway Safety Device Request form
- Present form in-person to the Suffield Board of Police Commissioners at regularly scheduled meeting
- Request forms received any other manger will be returned to requester
- Police Commission will respond accordingly
Applications, Documents, and Forms
Listing files in 'Police Department'