Suffield Community Aid
Suffield Community Aid is a unique, private, non-profit 501(c)3 social service agency serving the residents of Suffield in times of need. SCA strives to improve the quality of life and develop the full potentials of our residents in need by maximizing all available public and private resources.
Suffield Community Aid administers social services for the Town. In 2003, upon the retirement of the Town Social Worker, the Town and SCA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) whereby, SCA delivers social services to the residents of Suffield. The current MOU continues until 2017.
Suffield Community Aid is very active in providing support services, both State-funded and locally sponsored programs, to town residents, including:
- Fuel Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Social Service Consultations
- Elderly Renter's Rebate
- “Return to School” Backpack Program
- Medical Equipment Loans
- Senior Center Lunch Subsidies
- Holiday Baskets
- Bereavement Support Groups
- Friendly Visitor/Shopper programs for seniors who are homebound
- Meals-on-Wheels provide homebound clients with nutrition on a daily basis, weekends if needed.
The success of many of SCA's programs depends on volunteers. Please let us know if you would like to serve your neighbors in the community.